Maya Kanwal is a Pakistani-American writer and lover of lizards, cacti, theater and morbid illustrations. She is an absconded mathematician and adores creating zines. She shamelessly owns five copies of Alice in Wonderland.
- Pushcart Nomination in 2016 for her essay, "Pruned Branches."
Current projects include:
- Middle grade novel (forthcoming)
- YA novel set in Pakistan (in progress)
- Short story collection set in Pakistan (in progress)
- A collection of zines (never ending)
Her fiction and nonfiction appear in: